Ricky Martin says he needs time to heal after nephew drops incest, harassment claims1
Ricky Martin is speaking out hours after his nephew withdrew claims that he was harassed by the 50-year-old singer after calling off their alleged affair.1
After hearing the allegations against him had been dropped, the Latin pop artist expressed his relief in a video obtained by TMZ.
“I’m in front of the cameras today because I really need to talk in order to start my healing process,” he said, adding that he hadn’t been allowed to speak publicly until the case was resolved.
“I’m glad these claims were proven to be false, but I’m going to tell you the truth, it has been so painful 1
it has been devastating for me, for my family, for my friends. I don’t wish this upon anybody.1
“To the person who was claiming this nonsense, I wish him the best, and I wish he finds the help so he can start a new life filled with love and truth and joy, and he doesn’t hurt anyone else,” he said, addressing his 21-year-old nephew.
“Now, my priority is to heal ... with music. I cannot wait to be back on stage. I can’t wait to be back in front of the cameras and entertain, which is what I do best.”
Martin’s nephew had claimed the two ended a romantic relationship earlier this year but Martin would not leave him alone and had loitered near his house “at least three times.
He said he “feared for his safety,” leading a Puerto Rican judge on July 1 to issue a temporary restraining order against Martin.