GeM Connection at GeM.gov.in – Public procurement is an important part of many Indian government activities. The current government wants a reform in this sector that has given rise to the GeM variant. The main purpose of the government in creating this portal is to change the way you buy services and goods.
In 2016, two secretariat groups recommended the Indian Prime Minister to have an e-label in the government. Later, in the fiscal year 2016-2017, the Indian Minister of Finance announced a digital platform for the purchase of various items by government services and ministries.
GeM Portal-Government e-marketplace
The government e-marketplace is commonly known as GeM. DGS & D hosts this GeM portal, which is one of the first government portals for purchasing goods in India. This digital user-friendly portal is designed for easy government purchase of goods.
On 9 August 2016, the Minister of Trade and Industry launched the GeM portal. This portal allows not only the purchase of goods but also services. General financial rules allow the process of purchasing the portal. Currently, there are more than 7,400 items in more than 150 categories on the portal. There are also currently transactions in excess of Rs. 140 crowns in GeM.
GeM offers completely paperless transactions to make it easier to purchase items in the simplest way. This is one of the many initiatives of the Indian government for Digital India.
GeM Login 2022
To start using a GeM device, you must first register through the official portal. Registering for the portal is as easy as you can do with the following simple steps.
- Step – 1 – Visit the official GeM portal by clicking on the link www.gem.gov.in.
- Step 2- In the upper right corner you will find the option Login where you have to click.
- Step – 3 – When the following page appears on the login form, you will need to enter your GeM user ID.
- Step – 4 – Now enter the Captcha code that will appear on the screen.
- Step – 5 – Click Submit and you will be redirected to another page.
- Step – 6 – You will need to enter your password on this next page.
- Step 7-Last click on the Login option, enter your profile and gain access to the various services of the portal.
GeM Buyer Registration
You can register for the GeM portal in two ways. One is through GeM buyer registration, while the other is GeM seller registration. If you want to register on the GeM portal as a buyer, here are the steps you must follow.
- Step – 1 – Visit www.gem.gov.in.
- Step 2-Now in the Login option you will find a drop-down menu where you have to click and select the Buyer option.
- Step – 3 – On the next page, click View Terms.
- Step – 4 – A window will open where you need to carefully study all the conditions and check the box to accept it.
- Step – 5 – Next you need to enter your Aadhaar number and your mobile phone number. Make sure you provide the same mobile number that is associated with your Aadhaar.
- Step 6-No, click Aadhaar Verification to complete the verification process.
- Step – 7 – The next page will appear where you need to enter the OTP you need to receive to your registered mobile number.
- Step – 8 – Click the Verify option provided again.
- Step – 9 – A pop-up window will appear on the next page, which you must go through and click Close.
- Step – 10 – You will now receive a form that you must complete with all the required information.
- Step – 11 – Next, you need to enter your email ID and verify it with the one-time password you receive with your email ID.
- Step – 12 – Now enter the user ID and password.
- Step – 13 – Confirm the password and then click Create Account.
While you are performing this registration and providing your email ID, you must ensure that you provide your official email ID, which should have options such as gov.in, nic.in or similar others. If you do not provide an official ID, the portal will not accept your email address. If you do not have an official ID, you should obtain one by requesting it at [email protected] through an official with an official email address.
GeM Seller Registration
Now that you are a supplier, you must register the supplier on the organization’s portal by following these steps.
- Step – 1 – Visit the portal at www.gem.gov.in.
- Step – 2 – Now select the Seller option from the Login option.
- Step – 3 – The page for creating a sales account in the organization will appear, where you must click View Terms and Conditions
- Step – 4 – A box will appear where you must carefully review the Terms and then check the box to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Step – 5 – Now you need to enter the business class and name of your organization on the next page.
- Step – 6 – Then you get the opportunity to choose from Aadhaar or PAN.
- Step – 7 – Whatever you choose, in the next step you will need to provide your Aadhar or PAN number along with your mobile number.
- Step – 8 – Now click on the Aadhaar verification option.
- Step 9-After confirming your Aadhaar, you will be redirected to a new page with a blank form.
- Step – 10 – Here you must fill in all the data correctly and you must enter your e-mail ID for OTP authentication.
- Step – 11 – Then enter the user ID and choose a password and confirm it.
- Step – 12 – Finally, click Create Account.
The rules for the e-mail address for the seller are the same as for the buyer. Follow the same instructions regarding the official email address already mentioned in the Buyer section above.
GeM portal functions
Due to its popularity throughout the country, GeM Portal is full of many features. Here are the basic features highlighted by the portal.
GeM portal is an open platform without manual barriers. There are no such barriers between users for payment, registration or any other process. Ultimately, the portal is about extreme transparency.
Buying and selling goods and services can be effective without much hassle. The process is simple and can be completed in minutes.
GeM also provides extreme safety and security at all intersections. All suppliers are well certified in the electronic documentation process. Also, financial transactions are completely secure to ensure a secure process for everyone.
The purpose of the portal is to stimulate small industry in the countries. All this is a possible initiative to speed up the Making India project faster.
Because the portal offers many features, such as transparency, efficiency and security, the prices of the portal are much lower. The result is greater savings for users. In some cases, prices are around 50%. Moreover, thanks to such capabilities, GeM will soon become the National Procurement Portal for Goods and Services.
Facilities Available at GeM Portal
In addition to many features, the portal also offers its users many conveniences, as listed below.
- Each product is listed by category for easier selection.
- Buyers can check item prices and compare them before completing a purchase.
- The market is full of various common consumer products. Buyers can buy goods and services online without any hassle.
- There is a window for selling and buying things.
- The transparency function ensures easy processing.
- This is useful for bulk purchases such as shortage shopping.
- Users can rate vendors as feedback. The dashboard is user-friendly for both buyers and sellers.
- The portal also offers a return policy to guarantee product quality.
Advantages of using the GeM portal
The GeM portal offers several benefits for buyers and sellers. Here are the individual benefits of the GeM portal.
- There are many categories where buyers can choose their products. Buyers can search, select and compare before making a purchase.
- Shop things online for convenience.
- There is transparency that provides a good experience.
- Users can rate vendors on an ongoing basis.
- The user-friendly dashboard also helps with easy processing. The possibility of returning goods supports the purchase of more.
- Dealers can have direct access to various government agencies.
- The perfect platform for selling products without much effort.
- Online platform for fast bidding and reverse auctions.
- Resellers can also get product recommendations to increase sales. The seller can change prices depending on the market price.
- The portal dashboard is also user-friendly for vendors for options such as inventory control and more.
- Purchasing methods are consistent and consistent.
GeM Helpline & Contact
If you have any problems with the registration process or other technical issues, you can contact the Help option in the footer of the portal. If you click on this Help option, a new page will appear where you will find solutions to your technical problems on the portal. If you have feedback or complaints about a reseller or service, you can get the Feedback option in the same section of the portal footer. Again, when you click Feedback, the page is displayed. You must enter your name, email address, and feedback here. Enter the supplied Captcha code, then click Submit.
If that doesn’t help, you can also contact the officials directly. You can call them toll free at 1800-419-3436.
Frequently Asked Questions – GeM
Q1. How do I learn different techniques when I’m new to shopping?
Answer: If you are a new buyer, you should not worry too much. Just register with GeM and when you log in to your account, you will find many videos that will guide you through the process.
Q2. Why did my PAN verification fail?
Answer: According to GeM rules, you must have the same name on your Aadhaar as your PAN. If two different names are present in these two documents, your PAN verification will fail here.
Q3. Why did the incident happen?
Answer: An incident is created for both pre-order and post-order locations. This is done in the event of a significant deviation from general market conditions.
Q4. What to do if there is no service category on the portal?
Answer: If you are a buyer, you can request a specific category of services that is not available on the portal. If you are a seller, you will have to wait until the category arrives, or you can ask the buyer to send a request to it on the portal.