The full form of the term DSP is the Deputy Superintendent of Police. DSP is a police officer’s degree in the Indian police force. DSP is the state police representative who directs the state police. The officer’s rank symbol is the national symbol on the shoulder strap, above the stars.
DSP is similar to ACP (Assistant Commissioner of Police) and can be upgraded to IPS after a few years of legal service according to the state government. Examinations are held every year to directly appoint DSP-level police forces. After the mentioned years of service, the inspector is usually promoted to DSP.
A Brief History of DSP
Now that we have understood the long form of DSP or the full form of DSP in the police force, let us understand how the hierarchy is formed. With the promulgation of the Indianization policy in 1876, the British government established the rank of DSP or ACP (Associate Commissioner of Police) in the commission system.
Division (a position held only by Europeans at the time). Currently, the position representative of DSP belongs to the state police of the provincial police force. Their income is obtained directly at that level or through department promotion.
The Facilities Offered to DSP Officer
DSP gets various benefits and facilities as well as your salary. The various facilities are as follows:
- Electricity is paid by the government.
- Telephone connection is also paid by the government.
- Official vehicles with drivers and beacons provided to the DSP.
- The government provides staff rooms or self-owned residences for free or at a nominal rent.
- Housekeeping services such as gardeners and chefs. Security guards.
- High-level arrangements during official visits.
- The pension provided by the government for your spouse.
The Power Of DSP Officer
Just as we have seen the full form of DSP in English, let us now understand the meaning of DSP or what is the power of DSP. Formally, DSP is roughly equivalent to ACP or Assistant Chief of Police. DSP has certain administrative and financial powers. In addition to ensuring administrative control of officials in the region, DSP is also responsible for the security of law and order. The financial power of DSP is in compliance with the 1986 Financial Rules and subsequent amendments. The responsibilities of DSP mainly include assisting the SP or superintendent to supervise and control duties.
How to Become DSP
Candidates who want to become DIG must appear in the state-level examination conducted by the State Public Service Commission. Candidates who passed this exam received trial training before posting as DSP.
- Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- Must have graduated from any branch of a recognized university or educational institution.
- 21 years old and must not exceed 30 years old. For SC/ST candidates, the upper age limit has been relaxed for 5 years.
- The minimum height required for male candidates is 168 cm, and the minimum height required for female candidates is 155 cm.
- The minimum bust required by men is 84 cm and the minimum bust. 5 cm extension.
- Written Exam (Preliminary and Main Exam)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Interview and Medical
DSP Subject Full Form
So far, we have understood the long form of DSP in a broader context. However, the acronym DSP also represents a topic. The complete subject form of DSP is data signal processing. This subject is an integral part of the engineering branch of Electronics and Communication and Informatics.
The subject of DSP mainly involves the accuracy and reliability of digital communications using a range of techniques and improvisations. Computers and other specialized digital signal processors use signal processing to perform various operations. The digitized signal processed in this way is a series of numbers that represent continuously changing samples in different domains.
DSP has a variety of applications, including sonar, voice and audio processing, radar/sensor matrix processing, statistical signal processing, spectral density estimation, data compression, digital image processing, video and audio coding, image compression, telecommunications signal processing, biomedicine Engineering, seismology control system. Students in the engineering field introducing DSP should have a good understanding of it to understand its scope and uses.